If you are a true garden lover and looking out for ways to keep your plants thriving all through the season then the mini greenhouses are an ideal choice. Mini greenhouses are becoming increasing popular these days because they are a perfect way to save space and to have better control over your garden. They are also affordable when compared to the big greenhouses and provide flexible solutions for propagating plants. They operate on the same principle as the big greenhouses but without any complexities of a large structure. Mini greenhouse is an enjoyable and relaxing hobby which assures a satisfying experience without the investment and commitment of a large scale greenhouse.
Tips to choose the right mini greenhouse:
1. Mini greenhouses come in a wide array of sizes, materials and shapes to choose from. It all depends on the space available, the budget you have allotted and the extent of usage you intend to get out of it. You should also take into consideration the type of plants or flowers that you wish to grow. If the mini greenhouse is portable in nature then they can be placed on the window sill itself where you can be assured of plenty of sun’s natural light. If in case it is little bigger it can be kept on a table.
2. Once you have decided on the size and shape the next thing to determine is the material of the mini greenhouse.
a. The structures made of polythene are light weight in nature and hence can be easily moved around.
b. The wood framed mini greenhouses are appealing in nature and assure an organic and rustic look to complement the style of your garden.
c. The lean-to mini greenhouses are specially constructed and designed to be positioned against the wall.
d. Solar powered mini greenhouses are also available which are eco-friendly in nature but a bit expensive than the ordinary ones.
e. There are slightly bigger mini greenhouses that are built tough with double wall plastic to assure better protection for the plants during the colder months.
f. You can also design and construct your own mini green house structure as per your individual needs and requirements.
3. The mini greenhouse that you select should provide proper ventilation to ensure that your plants do not get too hot in summer and to keep them warm in winter.
4. Avoid models with no shelves or fixed shelves as they do not allow flexibility of use.
Benefits of mini greenhouses:
1. Mini greenhouses assure a productive hobby in minimum space and in a cost-effective manner.
2. It provides an opportunity to grow a wide variety of organic plants and flowers all through the year for your family.
3. It assures maximum protection for your plants from frost, wind, rain and other destructive pests.
4. It occupies minimal space and it can be dismantled and stored easily when not in use.
5. Warm temperatures, adequate sunlight and moisture retention facility assures healthy plants and flowers.
6. They are available in a wide variety of sizes, shapes and materials to choose from.
A mini greenhouse is not only a perfect structure to invest in but also something that assures you years of relaxation, satisfaction and enjoyment. Yes, a mini greenhouse is a perfect addition to any home.